Non-fiction is such a sweeping term, and seems to diminish the multitudes that you can find in this whirling swirling genre. Our non-fiction best sellers this Christmas come from all corners of the bookshelves – some from Memoir, some collected letters, some humour, and some essays.
Our non-fiction sales are themselves reflective of this same diverseness – rather than huge quantities in a few books, we’ve got a lot of sales in many different titles. So bellow is our list, directed by our customers, of the best sellers this Christmas.
- Can you tolerate this? Ahsleigh Young $30.00
- Counterfutures ed. Dylan Taylor $25.00
- Argonauts Maggie Nelson $24.00
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered: Women of Letters 7 $38.00
- The Great War for New Zealand: Waikato 1800 – 2000 Vincent O’Malley $79.99
- Constitution for Aotearoa Geoffrey Palmer & Andrew Butler $25.00
- Ladybird Book of the Zombie Apocalypse Jason Hazeley $21.00
- How it Works: The Dog Jason Hazeley $21.00
- Things That Can and Cannot Be Said Arundhati Roy $15.99
- How it Works: The Meeting Jason Hazeley $21.00
And the bestseller over the last month has been:
Goneville Nick Bollinger $39.00
Goneville is a compelling read, and an award winning memoir. It is both a coming-of-age story and an intimate look at the evolving music scene in ’70s New Zealand.
There are so many excellent titles out at the moment, these lists can’t include them all. But we encourage you to get to your local bookshop, to seek out the booksellers and have a chat about who you need to buy for and see what recommendations they’ve got up their sleeve.
Merry Book Christmas Everyone xx